Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year Resolutions

I have rarely (that means almost never) been good at keeping New Year resolutions and I get the impression that I'm not alone. But, as I have continued to ponder this matter, I have come to believe they are vitally important. The reason I have come to believe this is because such resolutions are made with the intention of improving who we are both physically and emotionally. For Christ-followers, such habit are required elements because they help us put our FAITH INTO ACTION.

Here's the kicker about New Year resolutions though; we almost always need the help and commitment of others to help us follow through with the habits we wish to implement. So, here's the deal. I would like to think about making a commitment to following through with your resolutions because we actually need to do it. Just as important, let's support each other with prayer and communication to help others as well as ourselves achieve in the ways we wish to see our lives change.

For some, like me, my weight issues need to be a priority. I need to work on the problem physically and emotionally. I will not even being to speculate as to what others wish to commit themselves to. What I encourage all to do, however, is to do what we resolve ourselves to do primarily out of a demonstration of our love for God through Christ.

Let's work to commitment, not just talk about it.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment