Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why am I blogging?

I have believed for quite sometime that people need to explain why they blog. For me, there is one main reason, namely, I blog because I constantly need to remind myself of what I believe is important, meaning that my blog is most importantly for me initially and only then for those who care about what I believe.

With this preface, let me state upfront what my blog is and is not. First, this blog is not a journal of my innermost life, trials, emotional tensions, personal issues. I have read too many blogs about such matters and I find them to give TMI (a.y.a too much information). I understand the need of people to express who they are and what they go through in life in some form, but I do not believe putting the personal details of my life out into the virtual world for all to see.

The above declaration about what my blog is not then naturally leads to what it is. My blog is about what I believe is important and will focus mostly upon Christian theological and spiritual matters. My hope is that blogging on these two topics will continually remind me of what is important in my life and encourages me to continue pursuing a deeper relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Third, this blog is not a place for people to debate me on what I believe. So, I will not respond to comments I believe just want to challenge me for the sake of challenge. Besides, it is always more easy to debate than it is to listen to what is being said, reading and listening with respect. So, if you want to debate, please don't on this blog.

Lastly, the purpose of this blog is to build relationship with other who are Christian. I desire that those who read it desire to relate to what I am saying, thereby giving us the ability to encourage and build on another up in our faith. So, let the journey begin.

Thank you all for reading and interacting.

Jason

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posted a comment to the wrong entry but fixed it.

    ReplyDelete